Sunday, April 16, 2006

First step...

What's that old saying? A journey of 1000 miles begins with the first step... I've taken that first step today.
I just went out (I know I didn't have to, but any excuse to go to a bookstore is a good one!) and bought the 90 day bible from Zondervan. I almost ordered it through Amazon, but thought, Let me check the store first. B&N didn't have it, so I went over to Borders and although they didn't have the exact one that I wanted (I was going to get the "TNIV" version) I did get the NIV version ($19.99). NOTE: After reading one of the comments on the amazon.com site about the poor printing, I have to agree. The pages are SO thin that the ink from the other side of the page, and the letters from the page behind it really bleed through making it tough to read. I hope I will get used to this. I plan on using a "slip sheet" of white paper to back up the page that I'm reading.
So... Step one down, and onto the actual reading part :)
Well, 38 minutes and sleep overtook me. Not a good start, but I'm going to get back to it shortly after I finish this post and have a snack. I may have to break my reading up into two parts per day...
Cyen

2 comments:

Jen said...

I took my nap before even attempting to read today. :)

see-through faith said...

any copy of the Bible will do. and we found the 'track your progress' really really helpful. You can print it out if you go away

I read in two stints (about 25-30 mins) each day. It worked best for me.

But you do have to work hard, especially the first week, until you find a rythym for yourself.

be blessed