Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Leviticus

I have to say I'm finding Leviticus tough going. It's hard to keep your eyes from crossing with boredom on all those tedious details. But there are also (certainly unintentional) funny parts. Like you can eat grasshoppers, but not pigs. And whenever they mention a wave offering, I have visions of high school football stadiums trying to get a "wave" going. I really have to hand it to our Jewish bretheren and sistern who created the whole Talmud thing to make this more interactive and interesting--perhaps more creative than the Christian solution: this doesn't count anymore, just skip it.

2 comments:

LutheranChik said...

LOL! That was my vision as well -- a stadium of people waving bloody animal parts.

Unknown said...

Wow, now I can't wait to get there!